The National Feed Management Education project has collaborated with ARPAS to develop a Feed Management certification exam for each species of beef, dairy, poultry, and swine.
Requirements for Feed Management Certification are:
- Be a current member PAS or RAS in the species that you are taking the exam in.
- Complete feed management workshop of The National Feed Management Project.
- Pay the $100 examination fee.
- An additional $25 will be assessed per each additional species certification.
- Pass the feed management exam.
- Maintain yearly continuing education credits with at least 4 hours of the required 16 hours devoted to feed management.
The exam will have 75% of questions devoted to general feed management and 25% of feed management questions specific to the species (dairy, beef, swine, or poultry) requested by the certification candidate. Initial requests for feed management certification in multiple species will be handled by administering one expanded exam. Later requests for certification in additional species by those already certified in feed management will be handled by administering an exam specific to the species certification requested. The National Feed Management Project will provide exam questions to the ARPAS Examining Board. The National Feed Management Project will provide a list of acceptable continuing education in feed management to ARPAS.
Preparing to Take the ARPAS Feed Management Dairy Certification Exam (PDF)