Congratulations to the following ARPAS members for the recognitions they received from their scientific societies this past year:
American Society of Animal Science
- Dr. Jerry Spears of North Carolina State University (retired) received the FASS-AFIA New Frontiers in Animal Nutrition Award
- Dr. Beth Kegley of the University of Arkansas became President of ASAS
- Dr. Glenn Duff of New Mexico State University was elected President-elect of ASAS
- Dr. Andy Cole of USDA-ARS-Bushland, TX (retired) received the Distinguished Service Award from the Western Section of ASAS
- Dr. Mike Looper of the University of Arkansas was named a Fellow of ASAS
- Dr. Jack Whittier of the University of Nebraska was named a Fellow of ASAS
- Dr. K. C. Olson of Kansas State University received the Animal Management Award
- Dr. Merlin Lindemann of the University of Kentucky received the Animal Industry Innovation Award
- Dr. Hans Stein of the University of Illinois received the Extension Award
- Dr. Terry Engle of Colorado State University received the Cromwell Award for Minerals Research.
- Dr. Robert Coleman of the University of Kentucky received the Distinguished Teacher Award.
- Dr. Elizabeth "Betsy" Greene of University of Arizona received the Western Section Extension Award.
American Dairy Science Association
- Dr. Rich Erdman of the University of Maryland was elected Vice President of ADSA
- Dr. Al Kertz was named a Fellow of ADSA
- Dr. A. J. Heinrichs of Penn State University was named a Fellow of ADSA
American Meat Science Association
- Dr. Surendranath Suman of the University of Kentucky was recognized as the 2019 AMSA International Lectureship Award Winner
Equine Science Society
- Dr. Jessica L. Leatherwood of Texas A&M University received the 2019 Josie Coverdale Award for Outstanding Young Professionals
- Dr. Shannon E. Pratt-Phillips of North Carolina State University received the 2019 Equine Science Society and American Society of Animal Science – Equine Science Award
- Dr. Brian Nielsen of Michigan State University was named a fellow of ESS
- Dr. Kathleen Anderson of University of Nebraska was named a fellow of ESS
- Dr. Elizabeth “Betsy” Greene of University of Arizona was named a fellow of ESS
Poultry Science Association
- Dr. Donald R. McIntyre of Diamond V (retired) became President of PSA
Congratulations to all the award winners!
Please let us know if we missed any ARPAS members who won awards this year.