ARPAS has developed a new level of certification that is between PAS/RAS and ACAN (American College of Animal Nutrition) Board Certification, it is a species Nutrition Certification. The nutrition certification is species specific as the name implies. To date, the Dairy Cattle Nutrition Exam is the only one available.
Requirements for Nutrition Certification are as follows:
- Be a current member PAS or RAS in the species that you are taking the exam in.
- Pay the $100 examination fee.
- Pass the nutrition exam.
- Maintain yearly continuing education credits with at least 8 hours of the required 16 hours devoted to species nutrition.
Benefits of species Nutrition Certification include:
- Enhanced credentials—assure clientele of competence in species nutrition
- Demonstrates higher level of competence in individual species nutrition
- Furthers the professionalism of ARPAS members involved in nutrition
The exam contains questions on protein, carbohydrates, energy, mineral, vitamins, and special aspects of a particular species feeding and nutrition. The dairy cattle exam covers the current knowledge on requirements from the 2001 Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle. For more information on ARPAS Nutrition Certification, please contact the ARPAS business office.
Dairy Nutrition Certification Brochure (PDF)