Support your colleagues’ careers! Nominate a Highly Qualified Individual for ARPAS membership!
Do you know a highly qualified animal scientist who has not yet joined ARPAS? Encourage them to apply today via HQI PAS!
ARPAS HQI PAS Nomination Form
Information on the HQI application can be found at https://www.arpas.org/Becoming-a-Member/Membership-Information. For any questions, contact the ARPAS Business Office.
To be eligible for HQI, the candidate must have 5 years of experience beyond a PhD or DVM, 10 years of experience beyond the MS degree, or 15 years of experience beyond a postbaccalaureate/post-secondary/professional degree from an approved institution.
An eligible HQI candidate must be nominated by a current PAS member in good standing. Two letters of nomination or recommendation from PAS members in good standing are required for PAS certification via the HQI route.
Registration process for accessing full-text articles of Applied Animal Science (AAS)
AS A DUES-PAID MEMBER OF ARPAS YOU ARE ABLE TO ACCESS
THE APPLIED ANIMAL SCIENCE (AAS) JOURNAL
To access issues, you MUST COMPLETE this one-time, two-step process to activate online access using your ARPAS member number, which is the same as your FASS member number.
If you do not know your number please contact Brittany Morstatter (email@example.com)
- Click Activate Online Access in the navigation bar at www.appliedanimalscience.org
- If you have previously registered on the PAS website (or another journal website hosted on Elsevier’s platform), enter your username/password to Login.
- If you are new to the PAS site, click the Create Account button and complete the account registration form.
- CLAIM ONLINE ACCESS
- On the next screen, click the box “I receive my subscription through a society membership”
- Enter your ARPAS Membership Number and Last Name and then click Activate Claim
- You will receive an onscreen confirmation that your access claim was successful and you are done!
ARPAS Offering ONLINE EXAMS
ARPAS continues to offer online exam sessions proctored remotely with Zoom. For more details, see the relevant article in this newsletter. For more information, please visit www.arpas.org/Becoming-a-Member/ARPAS-Online-Exams.
ARPAS members are encouraged to promote these online exam sessions among colleagues and students! You can also set up a special online session to proctor for interested persons by contacting Brittany Morstatter.
Follow ARPAS on Social Media
“Like” and “Follow” ARPAS on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
If you are interested in providing social media content relevant to ARPAS, please contact BrittanyM@assochq.org.